The American Folk Festival on the Bangor Waterfront brings the world to Bangor.Mark you calendars for the 2013 AFF - August 23-25, 2013.
The American Folk Festival is a large-scale, three-day event. Held each year at the end of August in downtown Bangor, Maine, the Festival presents the music and dance from the many cultures that make up America today.
Here's what awaits you at the American Folk Festival:
- the nation's finest performing groups sharing the traditional arts of their region, culture and heritage
- 4 stages of music and dance
- traditional craft demonstrations and exhibits
- a children's area with activities for the whole family
- dozens of food vendors offering ethnic food, regional specialties and traditional festival favorites
- a Marketplace offering unique, handcrafted items and "Taste of Maine" treats for sale
The American Folk Festival on the Bangor Waterfront is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, with partnering support from: